Queenie’s Beeswax Wraps are made from 100% high grade cotton that is durable and breath-
able. Beeswax has antibacterial properties and will keep food fresher for longer periods.
These high quality wraps will be long lasting when cared for correctly
- Wash is mild detergent in cool water. Soak to remove dried on food. Pat dry, lay flat or hang to dry.
- Wraps will last up to 1 year with regular use. Keep away from dishwashers, microwaves, ovens, hot sources and hot food stuffs.
- Not recommended for raw meats or liquids. Wraps can be sanitised with a sanitising solution suitable for food surfaces.
- Staining may occur with brightly colored foods. Wraps have a natural smell of beeswax.
End of life cycle
- When wraps become thin with wax, they can be re-waxed for further use by laying wrap on a tray lined with paper. Grate beeswax onto the wrap and pop in a cool-mild oven (70°C) for 1-2 minutes then hang to dry. This method will give longer life to the wrap but will not re-new totally as other ingredients have been omitted.
- Beeswax is long lasting, however will wear away after extensive use. The wrap can be composted in garden compost.
- To be stored in a closed dry space. Ideal place is with tea towels.
- These wraps should be avoided if a person is allergic to pollen, honey, tree or gamar resin or coconut oil.